Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why I chose "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings"

I chose "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou because I read reviews that stated that the book was very a good read and it sparked my interest. I also chose this book because the title was also very interesting and seemed to have an abundance of meaning behind it, which also caught my eye. Not only the book itself seemed to be intriguing, but the author Maya Angelou is. Angelou is very well known for being influential and to write with passion. And to me, passion is what makes any book a remarkable and memorable book. Not only that, Angelou is also a poetry writer, so she must know her way with words. Therefore, I really do hope the book is as well written as many have said, so that I may enjoy it!

1 comment: